to make (someone) stronger and more confident, especially in controlling their life and claiming their rights.
synonyms:emancipate, unshackle, set free, liberate
Hustle PHX, in partnership with Phoenix Global Initiative, presents EMPOWERED, a 10 week business course to empower African-American entrepreneurs. This course is designed for aspiring entrepreneurs looking for support to bring their dreams to life. This is also for early-stage entrepreneurs that are ready to take their business to the next level.
About Hustle PHX
Hustle PHX is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing an intellectual, social and financial resource to individuals interested in starting their own business or have started their own business. Motivated by Christian faith, we encourage the creation of sustainable business ventures that affirm the dignity of people and lead to the flourishing of all communities in Phoenix.
Through our program, we provide a limited number of carefully selected entrepreneurs with three essential kinds of capital:
Education and skill development will be provided through an online curriculum sponsored by the Acton School of Business, including a weekly discussion and experiential learning module.
Entrepreneurs will be given mentors who are currently in business and who can provide assistance in the process of incubating, designing, launching, and scaling new businesses.
Entrepreneurs will participate in a “Pitch Day,” giving potential investors the opportunity to hear pitches and contribute to ventures as they see potential.
What to expect
- Weekly evening class starting Wednesday 9/6/17. Time: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Experienced instructors, mentors and guest speakers supporting you along your journey
- Location: Urban League Headquarters 1402 S 7th Ave Phoenix, AZ 85007
Description of curriculum
- Week 1: Introduction
- Week 2: Knowing Yourself (Assumptions, Working Styles, Team Building, Obstacles)
- Week 3: Knowing Your Customer (Problem, Solution, Benefit, Competition, Advantage, Customer)
- Week 4: Getting the Relationship Right (Marketing & Message; Getting, Keeping & Growing Customers)
- Week 5: Building the Model to Scale (Starting Small, Distribution, Revenue, Typical Sale, Price)
- Week 6: Strengthening Your Structure (Business Structures, Licenses, IP, Hiring)
- Week 7: Discovering the Bottom Line (Startup & Ongoing Needs, Fixed & Variable Costs, Break-Event Point)
- Week 8: Accounting for Growth (Break-Even Point, Sales Projections, Cash Flow, Accounting)
- Week 9: Planning for the Future (Raising Capital, Growth Plans, Goal Setting, Pitch Prep)
- Week 10: Pitch Practice!
- Pitch Night!
Dates to remember
Registration Opens: 8/7/17
PGI Live Session 8/24/17
Networking Mixer at Michael's 8/25/17
Application deadline 9/1/17
Program starts 9/6/17
We are looking for individuals that have not only a business idea in mind but those that have a passion for knowledge, trustworthiness, perseverance, a coachable mentality, and aggressive dedication. This 8 week course will challenge you with the knowledge of business and prepare you to create your dream, develop your ideas and walk you through the steps of creating a business.
Price: $75 Click here to apply.
We are looking for more volunteers! We have opportunities in areas such as speakers, instructors, and mentor team members. Click here to apply.
A HUGE thank you to our community partners!
Contact us to be a sponsor or community partner!